View Single Post
Old 2011-07-13, 14:33   Link #57
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
ok, I haven't said anything bleach related in awhile... but... anyone notice how retarded this all is? This monkey is describing all the shit hes doing to people's memories and within hearing distance too, and Chad and Inoue aren't suspicious at all? Selective hearing? Convenient temporary deafness?
Lol, that's exactly what I was thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
No offense, but posts like these have become a little tiresome. Last few weeks, there's all these posts about how someone read the chapter in "1 minute". First of all, anyone can easily breeze through any WSJ story in a minute, especially if they're eager to post about how fast they read it. The pace at which you read is not proof of anything.
Indeed, but the assumption here is that by commenting on it and saying that it's a bad thing, he's comparing it to a norm which must also mean he's comparing it to other manga. So the pace is factored out if he's reading it at the same pace as other manga.

Quote:
Second, manga/comics depend on pictures as well as words. Just because there are no words on a panel, doesn't mean that panel is a waste of space. Actions, facial expressions, even pauses in conversation are part of a story as well.
Obviously. But that doesn't mean they can't be used as blatant padding as well, which is the accustaion here.

Quote:
Bleach tends to be really sparse when it comes to text, but this one actually had pretty normal amount of dialogue. If you want more text, then I'd recommend reading a novel.
The accusation is that it didn't have normal amount of dialogue. Simply saying that it does is fine if you want to just be contrary, but not as an actual argument.