Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 04:07   Link #5394
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
It's true that if investments there are successful, things would be much better for the population. They would have shelter in the form of company housing, medical care, you name it. But it's going to take a miracle and more funds than even Bill Gates in the 90's could imagine. Who'se going to supply that money? Especially now when the vast majority of world super powers are in debt? Most people will be reluctant to chip in what they have.
I was really taken aback by Obama's decision to send an entire brigade worth of troops, including part of the 82nd Airborne to do S&R in Haiti. Deploying half a division is going to blow a hole in the US Treasury, and despite the fact that the country is in serious debt, he went ahead anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Yeah, I documented myself a bit on the whole thing.

Google has some serious balls, and I for one, am appalled at the Chinese government. This is why we fought revolutions for democracy.

No free elections, propaganda, censorship.

I can't believe I even wanted to live in China, once upon a time. Not on my dead body.
Any China Chinese or Taiwanese here? I would like to hear some views from the other side.

The Google.cn issue seems to be rather marginalised and tilted towards the Western world.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-01-15 at 04:17.