View Single Post
Old 2007-08-23, 22:45   Link #1109
Chudley
Silver-eyed Lion King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Can you entertain us with an explanation of how Code Geass being unrealistic means that Gawain would be a high-value target?
Since you asked me so nicely, i'll gladly obliged . It is common sense that Gawain, as a commander unit that Zero pilots, is a high-value target. However what you said in a couple of posts ago was that in a realistic universe, the Gawain offers little protection as it tends to attract enemy fire. Code Geass aint realistic, thats my point in the previous post. Did I ever mention Gawain was not a high-value target? Nope, I only illustrated my point 2 posts ago that Gawain provides the BEST protection available to Zero and you're not giving it due credit.

Quote:
Given what we know of Ougi's capabilities, yes.
If so, why'd Zero make Ougi the vice-commander? Obviously there's something that Zero knows about Ougi that we don't. We can't say that we fully understand the capabilities of Ougi.

Quote:
You don't seem to understand what the "disintegration of the command and control structure" means.
Disintegration refers to the command structure falling into pieces, I very well know what it means lol.

Quote:
So? Even good tactics can fail.
Cornelia's tactics resulted in her defeat as well as the loss of dozens of Britannian lives. There was so much at stake here and she obviously did not plan adequately. Had Orange not interfered, Cornelia would have been taken as a hostage and OoBKs pretty much won the battle already. Good tactics?

Quote:
I'm still not sure what your argument is. Cooperating with a nominal enemy for a common goal isn't what I'd qualify as "extreme" at all.
You're contradicting yourself here. A few posts ago you clearly mentioned that Cornelia accepting Zero's help was extreme. Now you're saying otherwise?

Quote:
Nope. It was quite a sound tactic save for the fact that she didn't commit enough troops. And that was done for very obvious reasons.
Sure the reason was obvious but was it a sound decision, from a neutral point of view? Absolutely not. The fact that she didnt commit enough troops alone makes it a stupid tactic. Do not forget that Cornelia herself is the leader of the Britannian troops, there was clearly alot at stake here. Refer to the point from the previous paragraphs.

Quote:
The reason why he doesn't is less important than the fact that he doesn't. The former only matters to Lelouch while the latter means that the Black Knights die.
I wasn't trying to say which was more important here. It was just to answer your question about why he didnt see fit to reveal his plans to the OoBK. We can all pretty much see what a selfish guy Lelouch is.
Chudley is offline   Reply With Quote