View Single Post
Old 2012-10-07, 14:39   Link #6
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

I am terribad with assigning hard rankings so let's just assume that we're operating on a quantum ratings system or something instead.

Animation Quality: 7 or 8 / 10
The level of detail and attention is just mindblowing. To the point that they put in details that you'll only see when going frame by frame. And the randomest minutest things that even novel readers didn't notice at the start. Money shots were really well invested in, although there were lapses in animation, especially in the less action-heavy political scenes. That said, it's still great quality, but not god-tier amazing. I guess KyoAni's spoiled me in that respect.

Voice Actors: 9/10
Seriously, the cast assembled for it all is perfect. They basically have like over half of today's veteran voice actors assemble for it, and they play their many parts, many of whom even play dual roles, really well. Even the author praised their voicework. The last 1/10 there is for when the inevitable S3 (Just belieeeeeeeve) comes out and they bring in even more VAs in. I can't even imagine how big the recording studio would have to be to fit everyone in!

Script: 8 or 9 / 10
Generally speaking, the novels were heavily cut in order to fit it all within a single 13 episode cour. However, the way the important details and scenes were kept in is nothing short of admirable. The script was able to preserve the essence of stuff, without losing any major details. Leaning more towards 8/10 because there were still many instances where some parts were a little rushed or confusing for non-novel readers or people who aren't as deeply knowledgeable in the series, and some debate scenes could have

Soundtrack: 10 / 10
You could hate on Horizon, and still love its soundtrack. It's that good.

Editing: 10 / 10
Not quite sure what this refers to but I'll assume it was censoring and stuff that you'd end up seeing off the BDs. In which case, there was none.
None.
Sunrise has got some chutzpah.

Enjoyment: 9 / 10
Every single week's episode has been a constant euphoric high; every episode left me satisfied and still wanting more. The story is interesting as hell, the characters are an eclectic, fun bunch, and the play between sillyness and seriousness makes for a well-balanced show. Although I suppose there's more opa~i than is normal for me.

Emotional Involvement: 10 / 10
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Infodump.

Overall: Jud. / 10
Let us have a good rest for the next voyage.
Over.