View Single Post
Old 2012-11-30, 22:21   Link #46
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
........I don't. o_o It is my opinion. But you asked why people are so against short hair in anime so I provided you with an answer that I feel would speak similarly for the others who don't like it as well.
It just seemed like you were speaking with different intentions since you used "fact" and "we" in your sentences. I apologize if that wasn't your intention.

I'm still curious as to if you can accurately speak for a fandom like that though, especially on a topic like this. Do that many people really hate it because it "looks bad", or could it be because they don't like the situation in which it happened? Maybe it's like Triple_R stated- it's not that it's bad after, it's that we're accustomed to an original look.

I just don't think I'm crazy to like that newer look whilst everyone else hates it. It's always been a new dimension to a character for me and I love that. I seldom see it as worse or even bad for that matter. What I'd dislike about this is a completely pointless cut, like with Karen from Nisemonogatari (though that was more of a "tear"). It had no point and brought nothing to the character; it was just more like "everyone else is changing hairstyles, so throw it in".

Quote:
I see what you're saying but when it comes to just appearances, I feel they are just too different. Anime girls always have tiny noses and big eyes and youthful looks (generally) Real women all look unique to each other; really different faces with different eye sizes, nose sizes etc. so, a hair style that works for one girl will not always work for another.
Ahahaha, had to add this because I liked it. Please don't feel you have to compare that much of it; sometimes I wonder how some anime characters even breathe nasally from the front view. They can probably see through time with eyes that big. I'm just talking about scenarios. A real life school can have a wacky character. It can have the quiet type. It witnesses fights, love and growth. That's why I like making comparisons between reality and fiction.