Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-03-19, 03:36   Link #6601
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Well, that is a matter of opinion. I would say other things like the insistence on the democratic principles of human rights and self-determination are great things about America, and they preceded globalization. To each his own, I guess.
LOL, democratic principles of human rights got us very far in Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, Iran, Venezuela, Argentina, and Iraq right? Don't get me wrong promoting equality in America is fine but spreading democracy was not what the founding fathers wanted. Hell it took nearly 200+ years to abolish discrimination, lynching, legalize marriage between whites and blacks etc. There are a lot of things that made America great but globalization and the strong growth in corporate power in America are some of the lasting reasons why America is still a super power.

I mean 20th century America to modern day America. Maybe prior to that you could claim that right to equality and the liberation of slaves would be, but then again Europe had long gone abolished slavery, and it was slavery and the lack of human rights that kept exports cheap to European buyers.