View Single Post
Old 2009-07-28, 22:56   Link #96
Hakuoro917
Obsessed Anime Syndrome
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Hakuoro917
My Personal Review

In my opinion even though I have given this series a 10 out of 10, I'm beginning to have second opinions about my rating. I had first watched this series starting on 1/19/09 and ended 1/20/09 I had totally longed to see a decent series like this. But however recently I had re-watched this series. This is where my second opinions started to happen.

First off since this was a VN adaptation you usually have arcs for all the females such as Air, Clannad, Kanon and etc... but this one if I'm not mistaken clearly rushed through Asami, Hinako, Aoi, Yuzuki and Shuri. Or if I have had been oblivious to their arcs then I believe that it was completely rushed.

Second is the character development, Sana's Childhood before he moved could have been a little more in-depth instead of the small flashbacks that we had seen in some of the episodes. Now Aoi was almost completely absent in her part as far as development. Asami was pretty much the same. Shuri and Syusuke... many would agree if I said that we'd want more information about their mother and how she died. Nanaka is a totally different story. Her arc was explained but was completely rushed towards the ending.

Third is the episode count 13 episodes just didn't do this anime justice if you understand what I mean. I mean an anime like Myself;Yourself would be best suited for at least 24 Episodes.

Last is the plot development and time progressing. Okay we see this kid named Sana and he is having a going away party. Then we jump I believe 5 years to when he returns. We miss somewhat important details. Now when he see's Aoi again and how much she has changed. We could ask for past event development's right there. One probably important factor is what ever happened to Shuri and Syuske after they left. And that 10 year jump was kinda too far.

So my second opinion is that I thought that this was an okay anime. We've seen better and we've seen worse. I would request if it is possible to change my rating from 10 to 7 because I have changed my opinion over this anime since recently re-watching it.

Last edited by Hakuoro917; 2009-07-29 at 11:14.
Hakuoro917 is offline   Reply With Quote