View Single Post
Old 2014-10-20, 21:23   Link #3
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I don't get the impression that there's fewer great shows being made in this decade than there was pre-2010.

Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, Mawaru Penguin Drum, Chihayafuru, Hyouka, Tari Tari, Fate/Zero, Shin Sekai Yori, Psycho-Pass, Uchouten Kazoku, White Album 2, Kill La Kill... that's a pretty good run over the past four years. These are the shows that I've seen the most consistently positive feedback for here on Anime Suki over the past few years, and a solid majority of them I liked a lot myself (there's also shows not on this list that I personally found great, but recognize they're not necessarily widely viewed as such).

To be fair, though, you could argue certain anime genres or specific types of shows have lacked greatness lately. There hasn't been anything quite like Death Note since Death Note (at least to the best of my knowledge), and I haven't seen a recent mecha show quite live up to Code Geass.

Still, aside from what might be just cyclical weakness in particular areas/genres, I think this has been a very good decade for anime thus far.