View Single Post
Old 2010-05-03, 09:09   Link #279
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Also atleast in the first four chapters, we haven't seen any evidence that the teachers are NPCs. In fact based on one of the rules you stated earlier(that the NPCs can't enter the principals office) it would seem the teachers are something different as they rush in after the incident with the gun.
We have. They don't bat an eye when a new student suddenly joins their class, and their class roster automatically updates when new students arrive. Remember, NPC = Non Player Character. In this context, they refer to the characters who are native to that world (the afterlife) -- they are there to maintain the feel of a peaceful school life. And I also stated that that only applies to the student NPCs. Naturally, school faculty have higher access rights than normal students.

And I'm not arguing against Yuri being an idiot. She even openly admits that herself. What ticks me is how you are saying that she didn't plan and research things right and just jumped to conclusions prematurely. If you've really read up to chapter 4, you'd know that she's still not sure on what Kanade actually is at that time, which led her to formulate a plan which capitalized on their current situation, killing two birds with one stone. You do know what I'm referring to, right?

And of course, they're not rebelling for no reason at all. If you payed attention to the exposition in Ep01, you'd know that the SSS (or at least, Yuri) has witnessed, in the past, humans who had either become indistinguishable from the NPCs, or just disappeared while doing regular school activities like how the NPCs do them. Now, this may have been simply a misunderstanding/misobservation, but it presents enough of a threat to their current existence that they chose to not follow the rules just to prevent these accidental disappearances.