View Single Post
Old 2004-10-27, 15:23   Link #19
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
Enough with the specious logic. There is absolutely no reason to assume that if only one group were doing Bleach or Naruto or whatever, then the others would be more motivated to work on something they simply don't want to work on.

I personally wouldn't mind doing Zipang, but the current consensus of most subbers I've spoken to is that it isn't a bad series, exactly, it's just that the first couple eps are so ungodly boring that they have no motivation to work on it at all. And it's true; whatever may happen later in the series may be interesting, but it's tough getting through the beginning unless you have a strong interest in military stories.

I'd rather see a series go eternally unsubbed than see a series butchered by apathy.

Well i totaly disagree, from what i heard from a couple of translators, that they think the series might be hard to translate thous avoid it.
I dont know why they think so maybe military terms and stuff aint peanuts.
But i see promise in the series, and just cause the first few eps aint that hyper i dont feel discouraged.
But i agree about the whole if less people did x series y series would get more that did it instead, that is just bull....

Take Care
Sakaki-