View Single Post
Old 2006-11-10, 01:51   Link #28
myopius

I'm not really following the conversation you guys are having too well. However, I don't think this show is too unrealistic. So he has a theatrical flare. You could almost infer that from his way of speaking. Who says you need to dress seriously when waging war against a invading nation/empire? If anything it brings more attention to him, which I'm sure he wants, because it'll be useful for him to be seen as a champion of Japan. I don't really know how motorcade or whatever security is laid out IRL, but I'm sure it's possible that the security as we saw it could exist. We don't know their protocols, and what approached the procession was certainly not in the field manual. Personally, I didn't see anything that crushed my sense of realism.

I agree that Suzaku is an idiot, though. Lulu should have just yelled back that if he hadn't saved him, Suzaku would have just died without being able to do anything. Perhaps say that throwing his life away trusting that the corrupt leadership will have a sudden change of heart while claiming that he will make a difference is irresponsible and childish. Well, I hope we see more substance to Suzaku later on.

Like neodrag38, I really can't wait for the next episode. I really want to see how Lulu's relationship with the terrorists develops. Also, right now Suzaku's brushing off of Zero is really pissing me off, so I hope in the next episode it's shown that he won't be someone who just holds everything up (and also I hope he doesn't squeal on his rescuer, not that he could say much).

Anyway, the suspense in this last episode really kept me on my toes. A whole lot like Death Note, as most people have already noticed. The difference is that I haven't read the Code Geass manga.