View Single Post
Old 2013-01-02, 14:26   Link #72
komaruze
Tanna Japonensis

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
I still think it has one of the strongest endings in the series, though. The way it ties into Bakemonogatari gave me goosebumps.
This. The last sentence "I go up the stairs" was probably my favorite in the whole OVA.

The first part (Tsukihi) was the weakest part, although I wouldn't outright say it was bad. I actually kind of liked the dialogue itself, it was just the weird imouto-fanservice that turned me off (especially Karen).
The rest of the OVA was enjoyable for me. Sometimes when I read people's opinions comparing the "sequel" animes with Bake, I can't help but think that Bake was hyped too much. Was is really that good? Yeah, it was better, I agree, but was it really that much better than Nise or Neko-Kuro? I can't make judgments based on the LNs (just reading Kizu now), but for the anime adaptions, while Nise felt way worse (content-wise) than Bake to me, Neko wasn't all that bad. I seriously think some people are ruining their own enjoyment of the series by putting Bake on a pedestal. Bake was pretty good, but that's it.
komaruze is offline   Reply With Quote