Thread: Licensed Green Green
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-18, 16:32   Link #50
Anlushac11

Cool

I was disappointed.

This ending bout had me in tears and feeling depressed. I dont think I have been this depressed by an anime since ep10 of Kanon.

They go through the first 9 episodes dancing around the issue of a romance plot with multiple characters and then jump in with both feet, tangle it up and kill it in 3 episodes. And nobody hooked up with anybody. Everyone ended the series the same way they started, alone. Where was the romance? more like a Shakespeare tragedy.

I expected somehow for Yuuske and Midori to be together, even though I had a feeling Midori would have to go back leaving Midori and Futaba in the same time so they can develop a relationship. And didnt Reika say Midori and Yuuske are fated to never be together? Carrying part of her life force doesnt count. And judging by the end he can communicate with the part of Midori that is inside of him.

And I do feel that Futaba has feelings for Yuuske, since thats why she was all moody and depressed in last several episodes.

I do not feel that there will be a second season. BUT if there is I would expect things to progress for Yuuske and Futaba.

However IIRC the track record for Ecchi series sequels is rather slim.

EDIT: Its no so much that I thought Yuuske thought of Futaba only as a friend, he played what to me was a typical anime male love interest. He had no clue why a really cute girl like Midori was throwing herself at him and he was as equally clueless as to Futaba's feelings toward him. When Futaba sorta confessed to Yuuske in the library he was shocked.

And Being so in love with Midori in the past that Yuuske commited suicide together with Midori and promised to be together with her eternally I was suprised to see so much resentment and resistance on his part after he got his memories back. I could see him wanting some time alone to think but the shutting her out and telling her to go back to her own time was not right.

edit 2: I just remembered a line from the Bible. IIRC it is Johns 3:16 "There exists no greater love than that of a man who gives up his life for his fellow man" I can assume this applies to women also.

In that context there is no greater show of the love that Midori has for Yuuske than that she willingly and without hesitation gave up her life energy for Yuuske.

Last edited by Anlushac11; 2003-11-18 at 17:36.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote