Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-10, 10:57   Link #16428
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
what I'm saying, and this is something you should pay VERY close attention to.
they don't hate us because we do things that make them hate us.
we do things, that often make them hate us more then they already do, in response to things that they do, because they already hate us to begin with.
I'm already aware of that. I'm also aware that this is very likely their mentality aswell. It's just a ridiculous cycle of revenge where both sides think the other is to blame.

What I'm trying to get at is that those responses that Israel carry out that makes them hate Israel more than they already do could've have probably been avoided or atleast limited. Like when during the Mandate period when the Jews specifically said they would take over Palestine just because they thought it was theirs to begin with and only managed gain Palestinian land and pass the Partition plan because of intense corruption lobbying. Like when during the 1949 war when Israel ethnically cleansed Palestinian villages. Like when when the Lavon Affair happened. Like when the Israeli government brutally oppressed the Palestinians under occupation and in Israel. Like when Israel atleast indirectly allowed refugees in Sabra and Shatila in Lebanon to be massacred. Like when Israel decided that it's okay to built settlements in Palestinian land thanks to a loophole.

Quote:
case in point.
the PLO (Palestine Liberation Organisation) was created THREE YEARS BEFORE the six day war when Israel conquered what is now known as "the palestinian territories).
what do you think they wanted to liberate back then ?
The 5 million palestinian refugees living in poverty and what they believed to Palestine (Israel).

Quote:
and anti-semitism has been around the Islamic would for MUCH longer then Israel's existence.
There's plenty of Islamaphobia in America. Does that mean America is trying to destroy the muslim world because they're muslims?

Do you really think the Zionist movement to take over Palestine had nothing to do with it?

Hatred like that can't be maintained by memory alone. Hatred doesn't come from nowhere. It has to come from somewhere. It has to have some sort of sympathetic basis even if it is exagerated out of all proportions.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-09-10 at 11:39.