View Single Post
Old 2012-04-13, 14:46   Link #41
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I would absolutely love for it to be revealed that Ishida was put into Ichigo's group from the very beginning as a mole, who then reported everything back to the Quincy who intend to use the intel they have gathered on SS and Ichigo's powers against them. That would be epic. Especially if Ishida ended up having one of those inconvenient changes of heart half way through because he realized that Ichigo was an alright guy and kind of wanted to be his friend. That plot line would completely restore this manga for me, I think.
not for me at all. we would have to chalk up ishida's friendship to 'great acting' and that wouldn't be believable. it would be a very noticeable and bad retcon to turn ishida into a series-long spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
wouldn't go so far as to say "completely restore the manga" but yeah might be interesting. I dunno though, I think there rather might be something of a connection with dad, not Ishida himself. Cause if memory serves right he did not want Ishida to train with his grandpa? Maybe there was a reason to that, such as Ishida becoming a capable Quincy putting him in danger as it exposes him to the Vanden?

I wanna know more about the relationship between the the fathers, there must be something there ...
i can see ishida's father having a connection to them as much more likely and actually very probable. most likely ishida's grandfather was part of the normal quincies who were somewhat innocent and ignorant of what was happening in SS and his father didn't want to associate with him and the others since he and the vanden saw the genocide coming and were preparing for it already