View Single Post
Old 2012-12-14, 03:09   Link #1934
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ She could have just walked away from 11th Div and left the title of 'Kenpachi' for the next captain. Hell, she could have started the 'rule' that the 11th Div head will be called 'Kenpachi'. Since she didn't want to be the head any longer, she dropped it. If she was defeated, then she could have kept her name 'Yachiru' instead of opting to use 'Retsu' instead. People usually forego mentioning their names if it will land them in unwanted trouble and in her case, she'd be recieving challenges from the subsequent 'Kenpachis' if they knew she was there. A chance to measure up to the original - there's no fighter that would pass up that chance.

It's like the chance for ttoday's MMA fighters to go a few rounds against Bruce Lee himself if he was discovered to be alive. Honestly, what fighter going for glory wouldn't do anything to get a chance to be the one to defeat the Bruce Lee?

Yachiru Kenpachi isn't suppose to be around any more. If judging by her reaction, she never wanted to revert back to her 'Kenpachi' days, but necessity is calling it back out.

And as for being older, standards were lower then, I don't think as much. I mean, 10-15 years ago, the Army Physical Fitness tests were HARDER than they are today. A '100' for pushups today is around 77 max. Back then, it was around 88 or something. Situps today is 82, back then, 92. 2-mile run max is 12:50 or something. Back then - 11:45. Just because more time has passed doesn't mean that we've gotten stronger by any measure. Our tech increases, which lowers the amount of physical work that we actually have to do. Back then, Unohana and the other older captians probably didn't have as much Bakudo and Kido techniques - they had to rely more on their actual physical fighting techniques. How did Yama beat Wonderwies - he layeth an old'skool beatdown on him - pure fighing - no fancy Kido. The older you go back, the more physical things were - that goes very much so for real-life and it can probably apply to back then as well.