View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 18:40   Link #202
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
And so the next issue would be what Akane would do if Kogami became a rebel (but I can't see him freeing Makhisima, no way he would IMHO)? Would she follow him? Or would she fight him? Even if I find Akane being a bit dependent by Kougami I think that she would go for the latter.
I'm uncertain here.

I know what would be most entertaining and interesting, imo.

I think there's loads of potential in Kougami and Makishima having to work together, much to Kougami's chagrin but Makishima's amusement. It's almost too entertaining an idea to pass up!

But while I do think that Gen has a very good sense of what's entertaining and what's not, he never lets that totally take over. He's much more concerned with characters acting with consistency and in-character than he is with providing entertainment for its own sake (Gen is almost downright anti-fanservice in this regard, imo). If Gen doesn't think its plausible for Kougami and Makishima to work together, then it won't happen, no matter how entertaining such a thing might be.

So I'm leaning against it, but holding out mild hope it might happen anyway. I certainly hope we haven't seen the last of Makishima.