View Single Post
Old 2013-08-06, 20:49   Link #5
Arczyx
None. ない. Nihil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Actually, I was going to make topic on this manga myself after marathoning it yesterday. That said, I whole-heartily agree. Definitely one of the more refreshing mangas I've read. Great art (though sometimes hard to follow) and pacing too. Not sure how historically accurate it is, but frankly I don't mind it embellished things.
It's not really historical as far as I know, the author just took some inspirations from various countries in the past, much like Magi if I may say. But yes, it's nonetheless great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Did you forget Nikki? It looks like she has abadoned the merchant city-state and permanently, become part Mahmut's crew.
I'm still kinda convinced that Nikki will just be a 'passing heroine' like the dancing girl and the princess. At least for now. I mean, there wouldn't be a place for her when the war actually erupted, right?

That aside, I'm quite surprised the series is in fact really a shounen (in the sense that it uses furigana) considering the number of family-killing and the deep politics theme.