Thread: Tales of Graces
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-30, 02:30   Link #224
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Done with the game...

I am satisfied with the game, but there are still some unfortunate parts...

The system was good. It was really well made, with skit cut-ins and lots of sub-events.
I still prefer the old battle system, but this new one has a great feeling of speed and is pretty good too.
In general, TOG was really good when it came to the way the game was made...

That's where it stops though.

Like Varion said, the story and characters were not impressive. Pretty average and findable anywhere...
I wasn't expecting anything, but I still had hoped the characters were a bit more interesting. Especially Cheria... So cute on the outside, but her character was probably the plainest of them all.
Also got to feel sorry for some of the antagonists in this story. Not for their story or character, but for how the staff used them...

Not many interesting battle BGMs this time. The boss themes felt especially plain...

Also, too many dangerous bugs that can occur way too easily. If you don't know about any, you are very likely to encounter them. You know about it too late, you'll have to restart on some areas.

Grade... Too difficult to gather enough this time. Bleh...

There was a lot of animation this time, but... The quality wasn't that great. The movement wasn't bad, but the actual art wasn't all that stable...
Also, I'm not sure if it is the way the colors are used or what, but the art kind of felt cheap...

One day, I hope a Tales that is as well-made as Graces and has characters as interesting as Ratatosk' will be created...
Maybe... Someday...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-12-30 at 02:51.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote