View Single Post
Old 2010-11-09, 13:14   Link #305
Jehuty

[QUOTE=Nobodyman9;3338677]Because Kishi made it that way. Kishi made it so they were too weak to handle Pain. He could just as well have made a bunch of the Konoha rookies capable of taking down five of the Pains, but instead he had Naruto swoop in to save the day.[quote]

The bodies were all too far apart for the Konoha nins to realize what was going on and how they could go about defeating the paths. The Asura path -was- destroyed, at the cost of Kakashi's life. Konohamaru got a lucky strike against the Naraka path, but I also think it's the path with the least fighting capabilities (only used for instakill once it's got you, or to resurrect the other paths).

Team Guy was out too, though it would've been interesting to see what they would have done considering that's 3 heavy-hitters in the team.

Quote:
Uh, yeah. Thanks.
My point with that was that had Naruto not had Sannin mode, he would've been defeated and that would've been it for the fight. It took everything, all of his powerups, to take Pein down. Even his summons -- Gamabunta for crying out loud -- couldn't do very much.

Quote:
I'm talking about a slow gradual process of everyone in the village coming to like Naruto over a span of many story arcs. Not just, all the random fodder characters suddenly love him all in the span of one chapter.
I'll give you that. I thought it was crap, too. I would've liked to see more of that development.

Quote:
That whole segment was asinine.
To be fair, if I didn't have much interaction with a person before, even didn't like him... and then it turns out that he was the reason a family member or friend's life was saved? It would completely change my view and attitude towards that person. I'd be eternally greatful - but I do see where you're coming from.

Quote:
Yeah, but he didn't have to. My original point was that Pain destroying the village was not a good excuse for the side characters to not do stuff, since it didn't need to happen in the first place and was a dumb choice by Kishi.

For a while, Pain was content with just invading and sabotaging the village the old-fashioned way, during which several of the Konoha rookies could've taken down 4 or 5 of his bodies. And as I said before, the destruction of the village had no long-term ramifications anyway.
Of course he didn't have to. Even Konan told Pein he didn't have to. But that was used for 2 reasons: 1) he did it because he could. He wanted revenge, so to hell with it, let's decimate the entire village. 2) it was needed for the plot, for shock value. It was supposed to emphasize how much of a badass Pein was.