View Single Post
Old 2011-06-27, 03:04   Link #4136
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
By "other sources" can you specify? Because I can't come up with a scenario without making it seem like Kyon is spying on her private life.
Really? I can give you 3, all of which took less than a minute to come up with.

Yuki could start dressing normally outside of school, and even start clothes shopping. This would be evidence that Yuki is starting to care about how she looks. Kyon would notice this during one of the Brigade's "City-wide Searches." This is plausible given that Yuki has already started sprucing up her own home a little bit.

Or one time during a City-wide Search, Yuki decided to skip the library and go do something more stimulating, liking going to the arcade (cue the Haruhi-chan version of Yuki). Again, Kyon could witness this while being paired up with her.

Or Yuki could realize that after years of reading hundreds of novels that she wants to write her own novel (perhaps the events of Editor inspired her to become a writer). Kyon could discover this in one of two ways: Either he spots her using the laptop during club time, or he is approached by Yuki later so he could read the novel and tell her what he thinks.

All three of these are relatively simple examples of possible character development that don't require Kyon to be anything more than a friend, nor do they require him to be a stalker to find out about them. And I came up with these off the top of my head. I'm sure Tanigawa could do better with months of brainstorming.

Her personality doesn't have to alter drastically for it to count. Small changes over the course of several novels can add up.
Jonbob0008 is offline   Reply With Quote