View Single Post
Old 2011-09-30, 19:04   Link #102
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Wait what? You're actually saying HanaIro is better than Anohana or True Tears? :/.
Sure. True Tears never made much impression on me, and Anohana wasn't very good. Canaan was a disaster, so there's no need to compare to it. Aside from True Tears, these shows' weaknesses originate from the writing and poor planning, so Hanairo is a marked improvement over them. Okada has proven to be better at getting the most out of adapted works since Hourou Musuko was awesome, and a lot of the production was reliant on how they chose to adapt the manga.

Quote:
And HanaIro couldn't even dream of matching the level of consistency that Anohana had. Yes, Anohana had a few problems with being overly melodramatic, but unlike Hanairo, it didn't have outright "offensive" episodes like 3, 7 and 17.
But it had episodes 2-10 .

Quote:
Anyways, back on topic. This was perfect as it can get in regards to ending HSI. Nothing too overly happy, nothing too overly sad. The "life goes on" type ending. I'm actually surprised HSI managed to end on a high note, compared to most animes out there which tends to have subpar endings. Good job HSI 10/10
The quality of the ending can be attributed to good planning on the part of the creators. They had to have known exactly where they planned to end the story and how to do so pretty much from the conceptualization of the show. Without that, they'd never have been able to pull off the Ohana-mother-grandmother comparison/contrast as well as they did. The foreknowledge of when a show is ending is one of the advantages of original anime, and it's good to see that used to good effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Ironically, those listed series all have different focus in their theme.
That's a good thing. It shows that Okada is willing to try out different things. I only wish that she would branch out more by exploring ideas from outside the anime/manga/video game/light novel trap.