View Single Post
Old 2011-12-24, 16:36   Link #110
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Ever since Minmei could sing pop songs to defeat aliens, anime has never been the same.

I guess...

- the singing helps Inori focus her vast technomagical psychokinetic powers.
- flashback episode!
- the Yuu guy kind of looks like Shu crossed with Gai...and he can draw VOIDS! Makes you think.

Predictions:
- Yuu is Shu's younger brother
- Gai is Shu and Yuu's father. He was rejuvenated by transfusing Inori's blood into himself.
- Gai is Kurosu Ouma
- Shu will recall the voids of his friends... because they "exist in his heart." I know it's cheesy but this is how this show rolls. He'll save Gai with the bandage void.
- Inori will awaken that "other her" she was talking about to save Shu
- might be too early for Shu to draw his own void out of himself...but it could happen.
- Shu will draw out Gai's void... guaranteed. He's not gonna die before we see it.

I don't think Gai wants Mana or the original Inori back. I think Gai is actually Kurosu. His wife took care of their kids and their friends. The women he's fighting for is his late wife. When the original Inori went berserk, his wife was killed. He's trying to atone for what he did. He blames himself and he's trying to fix it in the body of a young man.

Yuu is blonde with blue eyes and he sort of looks like Shu. I'm guessing Shu and Haruka looked like mom and Yuu looked like dad. I'm guessing Inori/Mana was Shuichiro's daughter/granddaughter. That is how they would all know each other and have powers. This would explain why Shuichiro wants Mana/Inori to awaken... wants his greatest creation and daughter to return to him. Bwahaha! Obsessed villain!

Why do I think Gai is Kurosu?
- took a fatal blow for Shu
- acts way too old and mature for his age
- knows way too much about GHQ, Void Genomes, the Anti-Bodies, Shu
- acts like he's repentant, beating himself over something
- acts like he has a long history with Shuichiro
- didn't bother look back at Haruka when she showed up
- has way too many foreign contacts for a 17 year old
- his second in command, Shinbugi, is 27.
- meets Shu at Kurosu's grave and it seemed like an unusually quirky scene, they discussed Haruka
- coddles Shu all the time

It seems like the Void Genome may only work on a few people. Shuichiro referred to Shu as being part of the plan to Haruka. Haruka freaked out when she found out Shu was with FP, the VG, and was with a pink haired girl. She put it all together. It seem Shu was meant to have it. If that's the case maybe people with his genes are supposed to have it. Maybe Gai is compatible with the power because he is Shu's father.
On some level I can't help but think you're thinking way to hard about this and that really the second half isn't going to be all that much less underwhelming on the exposition side. A part of me thinks that if they were capable of tying things together they would have started doing it by now and that what we get as an explanation for most things from here on out will leave more than a little to be desired.

My stance is I'll speculate more about where the showing is going if and when it actually starts to go places for a few episodes in a row.