View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 10:34   Link #38
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Supposing there was a method by which a Burst Linker could pay Burst Points to re-spec their avatar... that is, void out all the choices they made for their level up bonuses and pick new ones...

What do you think Taku ought to do with Cyan Pile?

Cyan Lightning Spike is underwhelming. (Which makes perfect sense for a ranged attack coming from a Blue avatar). It's over-extending and over-penetrating. Since it's likely his starting Special Attack, he can't get rid of it, so he needs to invest some bonuses into making it suck less. Perhaps include barbs or anchors that grab an opponent and carry them along with the spike rather than just leaving them in place when it pierces through them. Speeding up the recovery time would also help, since he's vulnerable while the spike is extended so far out.

The Spiral Gravity Driver is useless. There's really no reason why it ought to be weaker (or at least no stronger) than his basic extending attack. Takumu should get rid of it and use the bonus to buy himself a sword.

Not only will this let him better fight at close-range, it also allows him to more easily employ his Incarnate Skills. By applying Cyan Blade to the sword, he doesn't lose access to the Pile Driver's extending jab or Cyan Lightning Spike attacks.
I disagree with the comment on LCS.

Typically, you don't expect a pile driver, of all things, to be a long-range weapon. Heck, when I first saw LCS my jaw hit the floor with dat range.

The pile driver itself does seem to be a close-range to ranged weapon, he's not shown to have used LCS in the territorial battle at all, IIRC.

However, imagine Scarlet Rain just summoned her fortress. From a hundred miles away, Taku can just aim, drop anchors, and let flyyy~

It would be the last thing an opponent who has never seen Cyan Pile before expects.

Spiral Gravity Driver is just less useful, IMO. Unless it's because SC was a level one when he got hit, SGD put him down to 5% HP in a single hit. But it's ridiculous aiming lasers and crest casting, it's basically begging for an interruption. I'll concede that.

I'll just leave Splash Stinger alone, I like it and it's useful when Pile is pinned.

So overall, if Taku had the second chance, I say he pour his upgrades into increasing the range of the normal move Cyan Spike and the range of LCS. It's a risk, but over-penetration at long-range is less of an issue. Unless you're like Nickel Doll, just grab that spike and start conducting, I'm leaning towards the 'more range for spikes' side.