View Single Post
Old 2007-11-04, 16:30   Link #39
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Many reasons, but perhaps most important of all is that AvsZ2+ is by all means underworked. They should have put more love into it!

First most important thing for me (and my friend with whom I played AvsZ and AvsZ2+ many times) is Dragoon controls. They SUCK. I understand that dual shock is not a keyboard and that not everybody is newtype-coordinator-marvel superhero triple combo, but come on, you can't even send a single dragoon above an enemy. You could do incredible hardcore with more complicated and developed control system.
Besides I just love Legend ; )

Second is that controls for mobile suits are generally underdeveloped. Why only Strike Noir can do those jumps? Where are reload abilities of some Zakus, where are Freedom's hip cannons, etc?

Besides, how long can you keep playing the same thing? I can forsee the upcoming duels between me in Legend/Strike Freedom vs my friend in Hi Nu, and stuff like that :P
Not everybody has ACE3, heck neither ACE was available in my country, nor I can see any torrent for them -_-"

Oh, and I support the request for X Gundam too, true it demands more love from fandom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Because it'll be more broken. The Dragoon works pretty good this way already. Beside, I always end up 1 or 2 Dragoon above or below the enemy. No one stands still to see you release those Dragoons. Know how to place them is the key here.

Why only Strike Noir can do the aerobic shot? Would you like to see every suit able to do that? What make Strike Noir unique? Furthermore, it don't have a shield <_<. Those jump is its only evade method.
Indeed, in the hands of a player who knows what he is doing, Legend is a monster and it's the same with Providence. The ability to send dragoons in any amount you want is already good enough and giving them further controls over the dragoons will make them overpowered. Plus both of them have something called dragoon-step, but i recommend you to check that out in the FAQ on gamefaqs.

I guess I can understand why Empire will think the game will get old. Unlike the arcade which allows 2 vs 2(in other words: 4 players), you're only limited to 1 on 1. Due to those reasons, many suits don't get to shine unless you team them up with another human player who knows what he is doing. All the fun, teamwork and competitiveness the original arcade versions are definitely lost in console ports. I think the only VS games that had 4 players was Gundam vs Zeta. It's available for both LAN and online(in the japanese version). I don't know exactly why they didn't have those functions for AVZ 1 and 2 too. But i guess it's just that the arcade scene is good enough and it's kind of like a japan only thing. You can only pray that they bring that back when the console port for gundam vs gundam comes out.