View Single Post
Old 2008-02-23, 07:32   Link #21
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbaloom View Post
Hi folks,

Just so you know.

I am in the process of "persuading" Live-eviL to pick up The Trapp Family Story. A series from Nippon Animation in 1991.

For the uninitiated it's based on the same story that the Sound Of Music was based on and so you'll be able to experience the joy and laughter of seeing Maria and Vonn Trapp children all over again.

Of course Maria sings in this version too so expect lot's of nice songs Cheesy

So far I have the first DVD(the official Bandai Visual ones not the bootlegs >_>)

This will be the first series that I'll be attempting translation on. The Japanese have full Japanese subtitles so it makes it easier for me as my listening skills are still not all that great.

Episode 1 is already translated by yours truly and waiting timing/editing/tl check. The OP/ED are well in to typesetting.

As I'm writing this I'm about 10 minutes in to translating Episode 2.

It's just a bit slow gowing transcribing the subs off the DVD so I can look up words in JWCPE but I'm getting there.

Well look forward to it =D

-gumbaloom

PS
I can assure you that this series will not suffer the same fate as 3,000 Leagues as I own the DVD's and I'm doing primary translation =D (big hint to a certain someone to get their ass in gear)
didn't another group subbed about 3 episodes of this before they dropped it. I downloaded the whole series raw a while back and I love the story. It is a wonderful love story and the end was awesome.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote