View Single Post
Old 2011-08-05, 08:34   Link #141
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

[snip]

Quote:
-"That genjutsu is an order to protect the village of Konoha." -Okay, so overriding Kabuto's control I get, but shouldn't this new command be making him immediately protect Konoha in whatever way he can? It looks like it's just given him free will. Shouldn't he be going off to fight all of Kabuto/Madara's forces instead of just standing around and expositing everything? To what degree of control does this jutsu have?
Clearly the way to protect Konoha is to run away and let a rampaging full-power Nagato kill/capture the two people Madara needs to end the world. Your powers of logic are truly amazing.

Quote:
-Okay, seriously, what is up with Shisui? He's only been mentioned once or twice, but apparently he was the best genjutsu user in the whole Uchiha clan? Why does he have a special jutsu that no other Uchiha has? How does this fit in with anything?
This is something that was introduced with Danzou having Shisui's eye and using his jutsu at the Five Kage Summit. In fact, different Mangekyous having different powers was introduced long before even that with Kakashi's Kamui. It's a thing. It's not that new. Get over it.

Quote:
-I know it's been mentioned before, but how does zombie Itachi still have the sharingan? Does this mean there are effectively two sets of Itachi's eyes running around?
Kabuchimaru spent an entire chapter explaining how Edo Tensei works. If you still don't get it, might I suggest a reading comprehension course? I'm not even being insulting here; this is genuine advice. If the jutsu creates a perfect copy of Itachi's body and chakra in the state it was when he died using a dead guy and Itachi's soul, does that jutsu create Itachi's eyes, which are a part of his body? Extra credit if you can name two other body parts that would also be created.

Quote:
-"I embedded the command "protect Konoha" as a genjutus into Shisui's eye." -Umm...how? And furthermore how did he "rig the crow." Oh right, it's ninja magic, so they can do anything that's convenient for the plot.
Itachi has already demonstrated the ability to implant specific reactive eye jutsus into people's eyes, as he did with implanting his own Amaterasu into Sasuke's eye not a day after he shoved this very same crow down Naruto's throat. It's an ability Itachi has been shown to have; it's not new. Get over it.

Quote:
-"If the brother I left behind became a threat to the village, as the keeper of Shisui's eye, it would mean I betrayed his trust." -...........WHAT?!!!! How does that follow anything you were talking about? What does that have to do with self-sacrifice or you safeguarding Shisui's eye?
Shisui entrusted his eye to Itachi so to protect the village, because he believed that's what Itachi would do; he even went off and died silently, giving Itachi his Mangekyou. If Sasuke destroys Konoha because of what Itachi made him to be, that makes Itachi feel like crap given all Shisui trusted him with and did for him. Again, the reading comprehension course would be useful.

Quote:
-"I believed Sasuke would transplant my eyes." - Why would you believe that? Weren't you trying to keep Sasuke away from the path of vengeance and power-hungriness? You seemed surprised when you heard that Madara had told Sasuke the truth, so obviously you weren't counting on that.
It's called having a backup plan. Itachi already expressed his concern that there was a possibility Sasuke might turn to the dark side. Back when he shoved the crow down Naruto's throat, in fact. 2+2=?

Quote:
-"Shisui's Mangekyo requires at least another decade to activate, discounting Senju Hashirama's chakra, unlikely as that is." .......Hoo boy this is a doozy. Okay, aside from the arbitrariness of the 10 year limit, which is a completely transparent plot convience, how the hell did anyone ascertain that Hashirama's chakra reduced the limit on Shisui's Mangekyo? I mean, I know people have been making a big deal about his chakra recently, but what does his chakra have to do with the Sharingan? And if I understand correctly, the Akomatsukami or whatever it is is a very specific technique that only one person is able to use, so how did anyone come to the conclusion of, "Hey, let's take the chakra of this powerful shinobi dude and apply it to a technique that only this one Uchiha dude is able to use, despite the fact that Hashirama's chakra has shown to have no effect on any other Sharingan technique............well waddya know?! It worked!" Seriously, I must be missing something here, because this makes no damn sense.
Yes, 10 years is a plot convenience. So was the cooldown on Orochimaru's body transfer jutsu being around the same amount of time the Akatsuki needed before starting to capture the Junchuuriki. So is every relevant piece of information in every story ever. Get over it. And the reference to Hashirama's chakra was obviously put in to explain why Danzou's version of the jutsu had a cooldown less than 24 hours in length. Oh hey, wouldn't it be grand if Itachi mentioned knowing Danzou had taken Shisui's eye so he would have known about how the jutsu is changed by Hashi-- oh wait, he did! Isn't that something?

Quote:
-Oh, and not to mention that Itachi's entire plan is mind control. As in free-will-destroying mind control. This is what he wants to do to his little brother whom he supposedly loved (well, I guess it fits in with massacring his clan right in front of him)? And we're supposed to see this as a noble act?
If you can find me one text blurb anywhere in this chapter describing it as a noble act, I'll keep you off my ignore list for a whole other day.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-08-05 at 23:26. Reason: Please be a little more courteous in the future and focus on the discussion not the posters...
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote