Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Zombieland Saga
View Single Post
Old 2018-10-18, 22:01   Link #90
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Dead or Live SAGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Because the first 2 episodes set such a high standard, we had much higher expectations. Trying not to be pessimistic here, but i really hope this anime isn't the kind of show that starts off amazing, and then fizzles out towards the end. I really would like this to become AOTS or even AOTY.
I'm rewatching both old and new episodes over and over everyday thanks to watching Sakura interact with the other zombie girls just to learn what antics they can come up with for the idol group.

Indeed, the first two episodes set such a high standard for the show that this current one sort of slowed down the frenzy that we were building up until now; lesson for us to not get too carried away with our hopes by setting expectations too high from the get go.

Nonetheless, I do agree with quite a few of you out there fearing that Zombieland Saga could eventually veer off towards developing into a typical idol show, and I would dread if that happens. I feel the anime's strength lies at how the staff can creatively play with tropes in order to parody them for gags and entertainment.

As we've previously posted, the third episode stopped cold our expectations built from previous episodes, as the girls focused more on rehearsing and practicing to deliver a guerilla performance like true idols. But doing so gave us, the audience, much dearth of information on both Junko and Ai at how they felt anxious and skeptical on this whole idol group "nonsense" attempting to put itself together, given that those two were experienced idols when alive.

Now, I'm commenting on the CGI employed during the whole street performance at the episode's climax. For me, I guess it was justified the bad quality of the CGI effects to remark to the audience that underneath all that cute make-up the girls are zombies, and their movements as such would be stiff and bizarre with all those crunching noise effects to emphasize the rigor mortis state of their current bodies.
Heck, even for gag and pun purposes, Yuugiri earlier in the same episode made the passing comment that with all of them being zombies wouldn't be surprising if their bodies started to give off foul stench of decay. Following, the girls' reactions were just priceless watching them all frenzied and suspicious at smelling themselves to look for possible foul odors.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote