Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Zombieland Saga
View Single Post
Old 2018-10-20, 15:45   Link #98
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

As we've previously posted, the third episode stopped cold our expectations built from previous episodes, as the girls focused more on rehearsing and practicing to deliver a guerilla performance like true idols. But doing so gave us, the audience, much dearth of information on both Junko and Ai at how they felt anxious and skeptical on this whole idol group "nonsense" attempting to put itself together, given that those two were experienced idols when alive.

For me, I guess it was justified the bad quality of the CGI effects to remark to the audience that underneath all that cute make-up the girls are zombies, and their movements as such would be stiff and bizarre with all those crunching noise effects to emphasize the rigor mortis state of their current bodies.
Maybe i was overly critical earlier. While weaker than the explosive, fast paced first two episodes, ep3 was still a good, enjoyable episode overall. it focused more on introducing the characters and allowing more interaction between them, unlike the first two episodes where the spotlight was mostly on sakura. A breather, development episode basically. and in the context of being a parody of other idol shows, the jokes, the bad cgi does make sense.
the main cause of my worries was that it seemed the episode was taking the show into the "proper" idol anime direction, which would have killed most of the appeal.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote