View Single Post
Old 2018-03-02, 19:51   Link #20
Tuor

Dogtooth is... er... was much stronger than Luffy mainly in one category: perception haki. Without that, it was pretty likely he was going to have a hard time beating him. Luffy endured, which has always been one of his strengths, until he could close the gap enough that he could force Dogtooth into an even fight, which is not the sort of fight that Dogtooth specializes in, but *is* something Luffy excels at.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Pudding is going to do something Drastic once Luffy appears, both as a way of apology and to save the man she loves. She'll probably survive it, but most likely it will involve the end of her relationship with Sanji. Oda has commented that he doesn't like doing romance, IIRC, so this would be a way of snip that away -- if I had one criticism of Oda, it would be on this very topic, but it's not like this is something new from him, and everything else he does is so excellent I usually overlook it. This time, though, if it happens like I'm speculating, it will be a pretty bitter pill to swallow.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote