View Single Post
Old 2008-03-03, 19:38   Link #28
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
My contribution wasn't meant to be hostile in any way. You made a few arguments, I tried to disprove them. I neither declared you to be stupid for watching mecha anime, nor inexperienced, which seem to be the two most popular types of ad hominem attacks in arguments about anime. You won't find any other types in that long post either.

Hostility seems to lie in the eye of the beholder. Starting a thread with, I quote, "Since everybody is apparently an expert on this genre I felt I should make this topic. That way everyone can give their thoughts on it and I can tell them why they're wrong." sets a kind of mood and not exactly the most agreeable one, doesn't it. And that mood doesn't go away simply by adding a "j/k", which looks more like a CYA attempt to me than anything else. Making a full quote of a long text just to add something along the lines "I didn't get anything, too bad." isn't exactly the most nice or helpful response either.

I'm not telling you how to watch mecha, or how many, rest assured. Nor do I give you any other orders concering anime. Except that I herewith forbid you to watch Dragonaut, because that is really bad.
Yeah, I guess most people just don't get my sense of humour at times. It is kind of brazen I will admit. The point of it was a quip at the progession these types of threads tend to follow, which I dislike about as much as you do. In that sense it was deliberate. As I said though my intentions were the exact opposite. Hopefully people caught that....?

Anyway I don't even know where to start concerning Dragonaut by the way so I just won't. I don't understand it nor do I really want to.

Back to the topic at hand though, I really like what Sorrow-K said in the snippet Skyfall quoted. Is that even possible though? Sadly I predict that happening around the same time that Liberals and Conservatives, Democrats and Republican's stop fighting each others legislation every step of the way and come together for the greater good. As much as I'd love to see both those things happen it seems very far off and like there are quote a few obstacles to overcome before we can even start to tackle that "Genre Wall".
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote