Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2008-11-25, 22:47   Link #1013
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Let's just say it struck a chord, i could link to him a few websites that dispel that statement instantly
And I saw a few debates (very late in night, while those which say the opposite at are prime tiume but whatever <_<) here in France that point many wrong things. So, it depends on the point of view, I think, and how the studies are done. The result can differ. What I think, ultimately, is that each person has to make his/her own opinion.

The problem are medias pressure, friends pressure, society pressure, parents pressure. From both side, sometimes people do something not because they think they are right, but because they feel forced to do it. Even now, nothing has changed about that. And in France, I think that going against the current society is taboo. The books who promote the current situation are promoted, the ones who denounce some pressures never get the highlights from the magazines and debates. The debates that promote it are more often in prime time than the few others that are aired very late in night. A bit unfair if you ask me. To make a choice that will have a better chance to please you through the time, you have to be aware of the opinions from both sides, not only one

Quote:
The reason we got into this side of the debate was cause i personally don't see relationships without kids or marriages a sign that couples are any less devoted to each other than a couple who are married and do have kids.
There are many special relationships that exist on both sides and there are many terrible and tragic ones too.
That, I fully agree. I didn't see his post from that point of view. They are couple who are not married (because they don't want. And in France, more and more people prefer to use the PACS, rather than getting married. It would be hard to explain it if you don't know what it is. Can you read french? I could give you a wikipedia link), and some who don't have kids. Because they don't want, or because they can't (it happens, sadly, but it doesn't mean that it could inevitably destroy a couple.)

So yeah, what i said can work this way too. You can choose a different path and find happiness ^^. I hope I was not misuderstood the last time we talked. I express my feelings from my point of view, but I know that this is a matter of point of view. What is right in my eyes, could be seen as wrong in my neightbor eyes.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote