View Single Post
Old 2006-08-30, 08:58   Link #101
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
But above all, the characters. I think only Elfen Lied can even hope to come close to even rivalling Higurashi's amazing characters and their development.
Two words - watch Monster. Serioulsy, I like the Higurashi characters and their development but they have gaps in motivation because the anime is so rushed compared to the game. For instance K1 getting almost out of the blue so connected to Satoko that he decided to kill her unkle. Or Shion's attack on Satoko in the school seemed to come almost from nowhere while apparently there was a lot more to that in the game.

Quote:
Since all three skeletons were in the well for over 10 years this pretty much confirms that the Sonozaki were not involved in any of the killings in the past 5 years.
I also think they were not involved (mostly because Shion thought they were and she was wrong about so many things) but you know, they are not obliged to put all the bodies in that well after all.

Quote:
And last.., as it turns out.. Shion's image of Satoshi-kun while facing the well on the last episode was just her wanting to belive she found him because after all Satoshi is NOT in the well.
What kind of proof is that? After all, who is to say that ghosts can't travel far from the place where the dead body is? But let's not get into the occult, I firmly believe in a natural explanation of the mystery.