View Single Post
Old 2011-12-01, 11:16   Link #911
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
But if I remember from my marketing class, rating is the percentage of viewership available (ie total household in Japan) while share was the the percentage of the actual viewship at time. Unless I was wrong, I assumed those number were ratings which means which mean the pie is the same size regardless of the timeslot and is usually what is used for comparing shows in different slot.
My apologies. I wasn't trying to be technical here, so I'd defer to either of you as far as the proper definitions are concerned. I might not have been using the exact terms, but hopefully the overall point got across.

Several observers, including some in this same thread, were essentially making the same point back in 2008 or so, when the time slot originally moved from Saturday to Sunday: the change was criticized because apparently less people were likely to be watching TV at that time on Sunday, and it seems the numbers have continued to confirm this, because even inherently popular properties like Gundam haven't reached the heights they formerly achieved in the previous slot despite lacking such heavy competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarashii View Post
Going back to the saturday time slot would be suicidal now that Detective Conan airs at 6 pm every saturday on another channel (NTV).
Didn't know that myself, but then again I guess that's called being "between a rock and a hard place," don't you think? Neither option seems good.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote