View Single Post
Old 2014-02-03, 11:47   Link #15
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Edit: One thing that surprises me a bit is that you don't seem to have many commercial partnerships between sports anime and the sports they promote. For example, if I ran a company in Japan that specialized in making/selling mahjong tables, I'd probably jump at the chance to promote my product through Saki or Legend of Koizumi or Akagi. Anime merchandise collectors are hardcore, so if you slap a couple Saki stickers/logos/character designs on a mahjong table, some Saki fans might buy it just as merchandise, even if they don't actually use it to play the game.

Cross Game
had a relationship with the Girls Professional Baseball League while it aired. There were spots showing real-life players making the pitch for girls baseball. There was even a promotion where Aoba "visited" one of the teams and pitched batting practice. Sadly I can no longer find the links to any of these videos.

Yamaha takes advantage of anime to spotlight its pianos. All the pianos in Nodame Cantabile sport the Yamaha logo as do the pianos in Sakamichi no Apollon. Nodame Cantabile also carried the logo for "Two Bows" in the closing credits which looks like a stringed instrument seller, though I can't find any information about them on the Net.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote