View Single Post
Old 2012-09-28, 08:53   Link #451
willx
Nyaaan~~

Not to defend all of Dr. Sun's actions, but I don't particularly see him in a negative light in comparison with all other "revolutionaries" making decisions for the betterment of specifically what they viewed to be "their" country and "their" people. (In full disclosure, I don't know if this is true or not, but my mother once told me that my grandfather had harboured him while he was travelling through Vietnam to some other place.)

Many if most of the same criticisms could be aimed at government/faction leaders in Japan and the U.S. if not around the whole world during the same time period. The fact that the current leaders of the PRC continue to embrace outdated ideologies is disappointing, but that's like blaming Claudius Ptolemaeus for people that currently still believe the Earth is the center of the universe.

EDIT: Not sure how I missed this one.. The tone of the article is mixed, albeit somewhat positive.

China official says spat with Japan derails free trade talks

(Reuters) - A festering territorial dispute between China and Japan has derailed talks for a free trade zone involving the two countries and South Korea, an adviser to China's central bank said on Thursday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88P1QS20120927

Last edited by willx; 2012-09-28 at 13:20. Reason: Adding real news!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote