View Single Post
Old 2019-07-14, 17:22   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm hardly surprised that America and Japan aren't exactly on friendly terms throughout the series. They've had quite the messy political history over the years there. Japan being the only one with a realistic way to combat the Noise in the first place had to be frustrating. A situation creating enough desperation to create a secret military organization using orphans that may or may not have had their families so the kids could be taken. And then Japan effectively took those Symphogear users into its own organization.

Probable as well that what happened with FIS that the US was left looking pretty badly in terms of the international community. As tends to happen when you secretly experiment on and raise child soldiers. In the end I'm not surprised that a fictional US would be rather frustrated by all these world changing events going on and having no means of dealing with it. The world has been nearly disassembled and destroyed by a falling moon after all. And yet perfectly fine for the main cast to be annoyed. They are the only ones that can deal with these threats and another country is getting in the way and being stubborn. Especially good reasons for Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika to really hate the US as well. I'm actually more amazed that enough countries are afraid enough of the power centralized in Japan to support a country that launched a nuke after everything was fine.

Ignoring the politics of that world, I'm more concerned about what the Illuminati Remnants are planning. Targeting Tsubasa so hard that they were willing to commit mass murder just to secure that weird seal. Hard to predict what that thing will do since we're still mostly in the dark about what they are even trying to accomplish. They want the Custodians power in some sense. But not sure for what end. It must have something to do with her family and how radical Fudo is becoming. Maybe trying to get Tsubasa to do something reckless in connection to her family and that creating more international pressure against Song? If the alchemists are worried about not being able to compete with the Symphogear then limiting their actions through political pressure might be a route to take.