View Single Post
Old 2011-12-19, 22:39   Link #1993
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

Super long post is super long...

I'm super annoyed that people are discussing Higurashi characters in context of a spinoff of a seperate series and no one's said anything about MARIA(save orangejuicetang and for that, thanks)! Where's the love for the apprentice Witch of Origins! I want my sappy Maria and Rosa/Beatrice/Ange endings, dammit!

Well now that my rant is finished, MARIA is the only character that there doesn't need to be much thought put into her moveset. Gaap is portal spam and heel kick(said heel kick only being used ONCE in the entire series. Not even in ep 8...). Not fun to watch, but at least fun to play as. As for Sorceror BATTLER, I feel that they could just tweak the Battler we've got a little instead of making a whole other character. Change his C attacks to slashes with his golden longsword and change his Meta special to him stabbing said sword into the ground and firing off a giant Gold Truth!

Lion fits best as an assist to Will, therefore allowing a sappy Will/Beatrice ending. Zepar/Furfur would be awesome to play as, but them just loving themselves in Netplay is for the best. Suit!trice(with/without her hair let down) or Clair works as an alternate sprite, much better than crappy palette swap screams lazy, generic blond or some hatless Santa mess(GEORGE)...Genji's not really needed since we've got Bronove, in fact I'd rather see Virgilia tweaked to turn in Kumasawa and slap her opponents with a giant mackerel once she wins.

GOLDSMITH you say...It'd require some work since he's just a summoner and OLD, but yes. Oh yes. Magical Chef Gohda could be his assistant. Kasumi and the other aunts/uncles are irrelevant now that we have Musou Rosa. EVAtrice replaces Eva just fine(little dissapointed how there was no EVA/George ending in X), and Natsuhi/Kyrie/Kasumi would play the same as Rosa with minor differences(Albeit, this argument is irrelevant with the existence of Black Battler...).

Higurashi characters. Focusing on the characters who've had some sort of meta-awareness at some point in the series for whatever reason: Rika and Hanyu(duh), Rika's friends(Keiichi, Rena, Sonozaki twins), Akasaka. First off, I'd rather avoid a Higurashi Daybreak copy-paste, so an attempt at different movesets would be in order. Akasaka's George with more punching. Two Rikas too many already. Hanyu. Sonozaki twins are a mix of George's martial arts and Rosa's gun skills with some shock therapy. And Rena's nothing but a tease. Not to mention the fact that these characters(with the exception of Rika, Hanyu, and Akasaka) would be batshit-insane since they're not in Himanizawa.

In the end, leaving the number of characters at '19' is best, story wise. I'd prefer the focus to be on balance tweaks in patch form(As spending my money AGAIN for the same game would be a bit ridiculous. I gotta buy other stuff.) and more characters if they do that through said method. A new game would require to at least be playable by itself. More characters, stages, huge balance tweaks, and an overhaul of previous story lines into one overeaching plotline would also be important. I think unless that happens, the best we're gonna get is a port of the expansion and patches galore.