View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 15:41   Link #44
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Another excellent episode...

And another meter down into the hole for Asemu. No episode has failed to push the boy further down into a pit from which I cannot see him clawing his way out aside from dying in a glorious save.

Spoiler for At the rate he's going...:
That would be a pretty nice plot twist!
I would definitely support this.

Unfortunately though, I'm afraid, your idea is too creative for Gundam AGE.

Anyways, I don't think the main triangle is swinging towards Zehart's favor.
If you believe that then you fell into the same pitfall as Asemu did.

I hear people talking about that "Romary chose Zehart" and whatnot.
But what are actual the grounds for that assumption?

Let's see those so-called "proofs". I remember 2-3 of them.

1.) When Romary talked with Asemu after he fought Zehart. Her expression revealed that she was relieved that Zehart is alive and she probably longed to meet him.

2.) When Romary brough up Zehart in episode 23.

3.) When Romary shielded Zehart against Asemu in the current episode.

Ok, on the first glance that certainly looks like Romary had feelings for Zehart.

And that's indeed the truth. Although it isn't the way you would expect.

Remember the beginning?

In the academy, Asemu and Zehart seemed to be the inseparable duo with Romary being the happy third wheel. Romary was content to watch the two friends getting on well.

Romary wished that those happy days can last forever. That's why Zehart's departure was a shock to her.

And with the more recent developments the situation turned for the worst. The two great friends are now dead set on killing each other. Imagine the pain the innocent third party would suffer.

So I think instead "romance" the key to explain Romary's actions is "friendship".

Let's get back to those 3 points:

1.) Romary is relived to hear about Zehart and longing to meet him again.

Of course she is. What would you do when you

2.) Romary mentioning Zehart and taking his side in a discussion with Asemu.

Yeah, when Asemu starts saying phrases like "All Vegan are monsters and they must be killed!" Basically demoting the Vegans from their humanity.
That's why Romary brought up Zehart who was their friend for years despite being a Vegan.

3.) Romary shielded Zehart against Asemu's gun.

Yeah, when you have Asemu, filled with rage and aiming a gun at his former best friend then Romary would be damned if she wouldn't try to stop him.
She wants both Zehart and Asemu to return being friends. A situation that doesn't allow friends shooting down each other.

Conclusion: Romary is just trying to protect the trio's friendship which is steadily falling apart. No romantic undertones whatsoever. She might be a bit obnoxious given the gravity of the situation but her actions are reasonable based on Romary's limited knowledge.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote