View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 19:53   Link #88
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Because she needed to something to save the Festival from collapsing. Her strategy of "I can handle this by myself (with the help of the small team I have)" was going to fail. So if not apologizing to those girls to get the whole class's help again by proxy, then what?
Yea, then what? The festival isn't gonna be a flawless triumph, they would have to leave some details unattended. Dup de doo. So what? ^_^;

Quote:
Again, this isn't about what's best for her psychologically, but what's best for her stated goal (wrong-minded though it may be) of being successful.
Priorities. My position is and remains that if the Inner Ayatsuji needs to make compromises and be less "capable" as the Facade, SO BE IT.

Quote:
Your argument is basically "screw the festival, never apologize to those ungrateful bitches, and learn to be yourself!" Which is... fine... but not a "flawless victory", let's say. I'm not necessarily disagreeing that what you propose would be better for her if you take that point on its own.
After the end of ep3, you're still gunning for a "flawless victory"? Admirable optimism ^_^; ... I saw a flaming train wreck headed for the cliff.

Quote:
Well, yeah, that definitely would not be a "Best End" because it means that she would use the facade to save the festival (thus proving it still has merit) and then break out of it afterwards to be with Junichi. So it's a good ending, but not a great one. The resulting message is sort of mixed (be two-faced to get ahead, but be honest with those you love).
The festival is only a means to create stress. Whether it succeeds or not doesn't matter much. The question is if Junichi can get Ayatsuji to give her Inner personality a chance or not. And since this episode won't have a bad ending, he WILL succeed. But it's interesting to see how he will do it - and of course I'm curious if the analysis was correct or not.

Quote:
I don't know the original game at all, but I imagine that a much better ending would be to not trip this particular flag in the first place.
[mod edit: Spoilers aren't allowed in episode threads, even behind spoiler tags. I wasn't asking to be spoiled... :/ ]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-12-13 at 20:51. Reason: Removed spoiler