View Single Post
Old 2012-03-26, 22:15   Link #81
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Since I had the day off, I decided to sit down and rewatch the whole series from the beginning. There are actually a ton of clues, but (A) they're limited to the first half of the series, and (B) they're so subtle that they're only obvious in retrospect.
Yeah... honestly a lot of those come from retrospect, and we as viewers understand more the logic and subtle details behind the events. But I still claim it was a stupid and meaningless trick. And honestly, having Ms. Mikami being the dead herself as a separate entity from Reiko would already be a crazy thing because no one would have guessed it would be a teacher and not a student in the first place. The fact that the author wanted to shoehorn the connection in to invoke more emotion is what aggravates me.

Quote:
During the beach trip, Sakakibara slips up and refers to her as Reiko in front of Mochizuki and Akazawa, and Reiko responds with an annoyed, "What?" after which Sakakibara apologizes.
I was just always under the assumption that everyone knew that Reiko = Ms. Mikami, but we as the viewers were left oblivious to that fact until the very end.

Quote:
I think it was, "I love my aunt, but I'm pretty sure I can get Misaki to put out if the curse ends."
Or rather, "if I end the curse, the chances that we'll both live long enough to have her put out is astronomically higher than if I don't."