View Single Post
Old 2013-02-13, 03:32   Link #179
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
"It's a human-shaped and it doesn't have a face. Shoot it!".

Heck, Dominators can recognize remote controlled robots as major threats. We've seen it.

And, again, it's not about the tech aspect, even if I think you're blowing that difficulty out of proportions. It's about authorizing exceptional violence on helmet wearers regardless of what their CC reads.
I think many poor programmers just curl up in a foetal position and cry whenever someone says, "It's a simple one line if-statement". The technical aspect determines everything. Sorry, but you just described a very complex scenario.
Face scanning: I can understand.
Brain scanning: I can understand.
Recognize human shape (whatever that even means in programming terms!), then if shape has head, then if brain scanning passes but face scanning fails, head looks like helmet, if person is holding hostage, er...too lazy, I give up, crash software .

I don't know about the robot threat. It's possible it was scanning/reading the robot's brain/chip or whatever rather than scanning it optically (I inclined to believe that's the case). Also, it's government developed robots so they'd probably have the specs so they'd know if it's acting abnormally.