View Single Post
Old 2009-07-07, 08:40   Link #442
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevflinn View Post
Pure speculation? Are you trying to say that Light wasn't insane or egotistical?
Flight Yagami was soooooooo full of himself. :3

Quote:
Just because it looked like a co-operative effort on the exterior does not mean that it actually was deep down. He didn't have to do a thing on his end to get Misa to do what he wanted, and Ryuk only did what very little he did (what did he do again?) to keep the game going.
Ryuk ate apples and served as a comic relief.

Quote:
He complimented him like a servant who kept the game going, when in reality Mikami was more than that beyond Light's impressions.
What would have proven that Light could find it in himself to trust someone would be to put himself on a mental position of equality, or even inferiority to someone else - to show that he was willing to give. That was something Light never did and would never allow himself to do due to his personal flaws; because of the person he became after discovering the death note.

That is also, from my view, where the mistake and misread were made possible, and why Light lost.
I would even go as far as to say that they were pseudo complements. Light even said "Mikami's ideals and thoughts are exactly(or close) to my own." It's not like he was even complementing him, more like Light was giving himself yet ANOTHER pat on the back.