View Single Post
Old 2010-07-18, 14:20   Link #2203
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Just to be sure we're thinking of the same thing... Realta Nua added a scene called 'Last Episode' that takes place after the ending of 'Fate'. The gist of it (as far as I understand; it's written by Nasu, after all, so...) is that after Saber goes back to her own time, she is placed into eternal slumber as in the legend of King Arther. Shirou, in turn, goes on to, if not actually become Archer, then at least have a very similar life. In spite of this, they never forget about each other; she never stops waiting for him, and he never stops pursuing her, and in the end they're rewarded for their devotion by being reunited in Avalon.

It's incredibly touching. Saber actually cries tears of joy, and well, it was hard not to join her.
Okay, I did not see that one. But that is a nice ending too.

Quote:
I have a very hard time seeing it as a Good Ending (and indeed, it's not. Just like Sakura's, it's called a True End). I mean, yes, Saber got to die peacefully and Shirou moves on with his life... but I really do have a hard time seeing any ending where two people fall in love only to be separated mere days later as anything resembling 'happy'. HF Normal ending is worse, granted, but Fate's True Ending is not exactly a barrel of cheer and I'm glad that Realta Nua changed it.
Fate was a bitter sweet ending. It was sad that they had to say good bye to each other, but they both had the experience of loving each other. Saber learned what it was to be a real person, a real girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Someone mentioned Shirou filling magic for Rider. When did that happen? I played through both ending of HF, but I don't think I have seen an H-scene with Rider involved. By the way, in HF there was this strange dream sequence with Rin seducing Shirou in the classroom. Should I take it at face value, or is there something hiding behind this?
Yeah, you totally answered your own question there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
So that's where one should look at during that scene. My bad.