View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 12:39   Link #2049
witchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainCharacter View Post
The whole "half-truth" Bern theory relies heavily on chance and doesn't make much sense. The only reason we don't hear the rest of the sentence is because Ange (it WAS Ange, right?) screams out and drowns her out. If she hadn't screamed out there, or if she had screamed a moment sooner or a moment later, Bern would have finished her sentence.

It would be pretty awkward for her to start a sentence she has to finish and then finish it, fully revealing that she was making this game up. I think putting her entire troll on the line of "gee, I sure hope she chooses to scream at this very exact moment" isn't like Bern at all. And you can't cut a red truth off halfway through saying it if it changes it's meaning, so she HAD to finish the sentence.
This is why I don't think of it as a cut sentence either, by the way. Unless we go by "Bern can actually be kind sometimes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
"I don't want to accept the truth because it's painful to me." wwww, When people act like this I can see the point in some of what Bernkastel says.
To the contrary, some people are way too eager to accept the truth as it is told. Were we ever straight out told something by a witch, without the intention of deceiving us, in this story? Are there not enough clues that, motive-wise, a Rokkenjima as Bern describes it is highly unlikely? I don't understand your insistence on blindly accepting what Bern of all people says. What makes you think no wordplay or similar trickery is involved? She even admits to not being interested in the truth at all.