View Single Post
Old 2013-03-05, 00:56   Link #6
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Before you get started, have tried searching this sub-forum for any threads related to Linux?
I have, there were no hits under search for "Linux", other than this thread that I have created after checking that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
What are some pros of Linux over Windows and OSX?
I don't want to brag, but unlike Windows and Mac that were created by companies, Linux was and is being upgraded by many, many programmers around the world, due to it beeing accessible in Open Source. It is the best for security, programming, and so on. The only thing that isn't a strong point of Linux over Windows or Mac is the usage of it around the world. While Windows and Mac are being advertised around, Linux isn't. Well, that's natural, since Microsoft and Apple get money from selling each person the Software, while Linux is totally free.
Because of that, many people use Mac or Windows and for that, game companies for example only create games for the two, because they already fill in around 95% of the want-to-buy people.
Also, many people out there do not have much knowledge about computers and think that Hardware is the same as Software, so they buy a computer with a Software (usually Windows) already input in it. It costs less that way as well, less than buying them separately, but more than Installing Linux instead.

In short, I strongly suggest the use of Linux.

Last edited by Haiprbim; 2013-05-02 at 09:56.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote