View Single Post
Old 2009-09-24, 13:20   Link #2029
monster

Quote:
What i'm curious of is your reasoning; regardless of whether or not there is a god, what the shit does he do for you here and now?
No one can answer that question by disregarding God's existence. And since I believe God exists, the answer would be that he created me along with the entire universe and the physical rules that affect it, a subset of which is described in science books. He also gave me the ability to choose whether to follow him and the grace to forgive my sins should I choose to accept him as my personal savior as well as hope for life everlasting after my present life has ended. In the mean time, I pray for his guidance and protection while believing that he listens to my prayers and grants that which is in his will.
Quote:
Don't intertwine your petty beliefs with the reality of this life, you're not doing anyone on this planet a favor by giving praise to poorly fabricated falsehoods.
My belief is part of this life's reality, your rejection of it does not make it any less so. And my giving thanks is not intended for anybody in this world but the one to whom I give thanks. Plus, it does not harm anyone either.
Quote:
Be an asset to society, become proactive positively(ie. scientifically or something along those lines that matter), lead your life liberated from the constraints of some 3rd party supernatural force and worry about 'god' when you're dead.
Having faith in God would not prevent anyone from being an asset to society. I don't know why you would think otherwise.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-09-24 at 15:37.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote