View Single Post
Old 2010-07-11, 03:30   Link #492
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Talking Lost : The Anime

I now know how and why Lost fans were so crazy over Lost. I paced myself to watch this over 3 days for the emotional impact during episode 13 I literally got up from my chair twice and started talking VERY loudly. I am always a sucker for sad endings that have good conclusions. By the way, If you were looking for answers? Realize that you can't do that. You have to accept that everything is set by very crazy rules and the stuff that happens makes sense within those rules. Im buying the collection if it hits USA. Only $40

Edit : Maybe I should talk about the SHOW? :P
Anyway, The charecters were not the most fleshed out people I will say that. But, there were simply TOO many. I was extrememly glad to see that Yuri was only the leader and not everyones love interest. I always knew something was up with Kanade but never thought that far ahead.

Now for the checklist.
Animation : I'm not one for OMG this needs to be the beest animations EVER!!! To score an easy ten from me. For some reason the scenes didn't feel Bright enough. Maybe I'm just a sucker for bloom effects.
9/10

Voice Actors : I know NOTHING of japanesse voice acting. Or maybe thats because I never heard any bad acting.
10/10

Script : Well I rely on subs. And I like my subbers. Even without the subs the words all made sense and everything.
10/10

Soundtrack : I never felt that it detracted from the show. But, I'm not a music in anime enthusiast
8/10

Production : UNGHHHHHHHH. So much to do so little budget and episodes. They made hard story cuts but they got it done. I fell in love with the way the episodes flowed. Comedy first half then fade out the comedy ever so slightly until BAM earth shattering story time.
8.75/10

Enjoyment : 10/10
Thats how much I enjoyed it. Think about it this way. I watched the last 1/3 of the series on a night where I had a plane trip that morning. My strategy was to keep my self awake so I can sleep on the plane easier. I stayed up for 6 hours on 4 episodes. Thats including forum time reading past replys!!! I archived this and can't wait to buy. I love me SHORT anime !!!!

Emotional Involvement : Short anime always like to leave me crying. This one is no exceptions. Except now... This one may burn for a little. But, ALAS. They gave us a happy ending in the last 5 seconds. So THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING OFF THE EDGE . Because of all of the themes behind it and touching but not tragic moments. A true shatter for medium hearts.
11/10

Personal Thoughts :
Episode 13
Our guy : I Love you... I love you
Hidane : Thank You . Thank you

I see why she said thank you. But I wish the last line she could've said was " I Love You "
The dissaperances were handle wonderfully. Except for the mass exodus.... That was one of the 2 times I got out of my chair "/
I would recommend to anyone.

Last edited by coolasj19; 2010-07-11 at 03:53. Reason: Forgot stuff.