View Single Post
Old 2011-12-10, 17:20   Link #92
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah, i'm still not convinced that there's much provocation from Senna (and this episode is pretty much the best example there), and I think the reason Yozora trolls Senna is simply because she's the easiest to mess with since she has the easiest and most obvious insecurities.
Yozora's insecurities come off in her methods of attacking people as would be expected as humans tend to hide their insecurities/worries by deflecting their own short comings on to others either through words or actions. Sena simply offers Yozora something that she cannot stand, effectively being the personification of everything that Yozora is not, and is a perfect target for attack from the latter's point of view. I do not think that Sena actively goads these actions deliberately, I really do think that she's trying to be Yozora's friend, but it is simply by her nature of being haughty, provocative that she hits all the wrong buttons on Yozora. Its easier to blame Yozora but its simply that her short comings are just painfully exemplified by Sena, that all of Yozora's character flaws cannot help but surface. (In then attacking Sena, we have two results, either an attack back from Sena or... well, the next paragraph.)

The biggest issue, though, is Kodaka. And, for Yozora, her actions constantly push Sena to Kodaka (the reverse is still vague, but the anime has been pushing a lot more of Sena's emotions than Yozora's. Sena has also been trying to actively draw Kodaka to herself) and effectively make everything worse for Yozora. It's akin to digging your own grave and, while its easy to call Yozora a bitch, it's truly just a pitiable circle of self-destruction.

As for relationships... I don't know. Shipping hurts my head.