View Single Post
Old 2009-02-13, 01:51   Link #867
EternalNeptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Yamagi_Kira View Post
Well, first off it was quite hard to read your reply due to lack of proper grammar. Nevertheless we all as you quoted "grow up different ways". Now, I can understand your belief of basic morality. Like Light said though "People need to get off their moral high-horse, and this is what people are truly like" 'as he points to the computer screen' This is true, I'm sorry to say; people are all about appearance. So please EternalNeptune, do us all a favor and do not act so moral. Now, you say I am annoying yet you respect my decision. I believe we call this inconsistency in the premise. "Killing is not the answer." Okay, I can understand, again, your moral view behind this; nevertheless I want you to think about this rationally... law is not to be confused or intertwined with morality - in which you are doing. Now, if you're not than you are irrelevant to the topic because morals have to be pushed aside when you are speaking of justice and the law. Light, yes what he did was immoral and maybe wrong.. it does seem what the general will of people say goes. Nevertheless sometimes it is an extreme in which had to be met. Light did what he thought was in the best interest of society; to cure the rotting world and kill the rotting people if you will. My main point nonetheless is how to you expect this world to ever become more peaceful, more better with rotting people in the world? It's a rhetorical question - you can't, you need such things as Capital Punishment to "kill" off the evil. You really believe an evil man will truly be civil and try to become good? If you do in fact believe this, than I think you are the one in denial, my friend.

LOL I did not call you annoying. I was referring to something else. I shall reply with proper grammar. Id like to make one thing clear though. I do not apply morals to make myself look good. I am sincere with my actions since I have morals to guide me. By the way, please answer this. How come Light has the right to kill people if he finds them evil? Everyone has a bit of evilness inside of them. Light is merely a human. Is he not prone from error? Bestowing upon himself the duty of taking away lives of people he finds evil just gives everyone else the idea that when someone does something wrong to them gives them the right to pull out a gun and shoot the offender. And about society. Anyone who has watched Deathnote knows that Light did not act for the best interest of society. He acted for his own best interests. He may have had supporters but there were also people who were against it. He did what he saw was fit. He did not respect "justice". He played with it. He made the world his playground. Using the Bible as reference will only prove to be your disadvantage for God is also One of compassion and forgiveness. I will answer your rhetorical question. Yes I do believe criminals can change for the better. There are so many examples to cite of people who have turned away from sinful actions.